CONVENIENT, EFFICIENT AND ACCURATE DETECTION OF VOLATILE COMPOUNDS AT SUB-PPB LEVEL ENSURES SAFER WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT.
SAFER WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENTS
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are numerous, varied, and ubiquitous, including both human-made and naturally occurring chemical compounds. Some VOCs are dangerous to human health and harmful to the environment. VOCs can be released when handling common workplace materials such as solvents, paints, sealants, and adhesives. Anthropogenic VOCs are regulated by law, especially indoors, where concentrations are the highest. Air quality monitoring with accurate, real-time detection is important for ensuring safe working conditions.
Currently, four-gas monitors are commonly used for real-time air monitoring in industry. These monitors typically only measure oxygen, the lower explosive limit of combustible gases, carbon monoxide, and hydrogen sulfide. As a result, they fail to detect many common toxic gases, such as VOCs, that are common constituents or by-products of many industrial processes. This causes employees to be often under-protected, which can have negative health consequences, or over-protected, which can limit productivity.
The NovaTest P100 and P300 can rapidly sample and analyze ambient air in any location, making them useful devices for emissions testing and leak detection. The device samples from the ambient air without any additional equipment or sample preparation required. The compact design allows them to conveniently test the air in any location inaccessible to a traditional benchtop devices, while they are yet capable of detecting a wide range of compounds with high sensitivity in a single test, and the system automatically generates an instant report with calculated results.
- Faster analysis is needed to provide the immediate feedback necessary for effective responses and compliance with OSHA regulations, slow response times hinder the effectiveness of solutions when working with harmful VOCs
- Chemically diverse VOCs can make comprehensive analysis complex and time consuming
- Equipment must function reliably on-site and in changing conditions
- Automated sampling and rapid analysis of a wide range of VOCs with instantly calculated results provides immediate feedback that is easy to understand, so users can quickly implement the necessary health and safety measures
- Multiple VOCs can be detected and analyzed in a matter of minutes with a single test that requires no professional GC background to perform
- Devices are designed to be used in the field and are very robust, with low maintenance and low consumable requirements
PRODUCTS TO HELP
Want to obtain more information? Simply get in touch.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
Convenient field tests and online monitoring solutions to indoor air quality evaluation with NovaTest GC systems. Quick sampling and analyzing without the need for additional sampling equipment or sample preparation.
Conveniently sample and analyze for emissions testing in smaller spaces inaccessible to a traditional benchtop GC using the NovaTest compact GCs in the production line, the parking lot, or in inspection shops.
This industry requires new and better technologies to effectively address the challenges of working with volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Better detection and monitoring technologies can help protect petrochemical facilities, employees, and the environment.