THE COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTION TO ON-SITE BREATH RESEARCH WITH PORTABLE GAS CHROMATOGRAPHS AND USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE.
RAPID ANALYSIS FOR EARLY DIAGNOSIS
Various metabolic processes produce volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and certain inorganic gases as byproducts. It is possible to compare the profiles of the unwell to those of a “healthy” population to use variations in emitted compounds as biomarkers to indicate certain conditions. This technique could be used to screen patients for kidney disease, diabetes, respiratory conditions, some forms of cancer, or other diseases. Breath analysis is a particularly useful technique because it is non-invasive and could be used to screen for conditions before more serious symptoms occur. This technique could also be used in a variety of other applications including monitoring anesthetics during surgery or assessing exposure after a pollution event. However, detecting small concentrations of such varied compounds has been difficult to do effectively using conventional technology. Rapid, comprehensive analysis is needed to properly implement breath analysis.
The NovaTest P100 & P300 can rapidly sample and analyze breath without the need for additional sampling equipment or sample preparation. The P100 & P300 is capable of detecting a wide range of compounds with high sensitivity in a single test, and the system automatically generates an instant report with calculated results. These features can be used to efficiently create a distinct patient profile onsite instead of waiting for laboratory results. Comparing a patient’s profile to a standard “healthy” profile can identify markers in the breath that could indicate certain conditions or diseases. This solution would greatly simplify screening, making it more accessible and common. The resulting ability to detect diseases earlier would also make treatments more effective and successful.
- Rates of cancer, diabetes, and other diseases are increasing around the world. Earlier diagnosis would help improve the effectiveness of treatments, but current invasive detection techniques are not useful for screening or early detection.
- Conventional air testing methods are slow and results are not immediate. Faster sampling and analysis is needed to provide the immediate feedback necessary for effective responses
- Chemically diverse VOCs and other compounds can make comprehensive analysis complex and time consuming
- A wide range of VOCs can be present in breath in small concentrations, making it difficult to implement a single testing method
- Breath analysis can be an effective screening technique for early detection because it is non-invasive. If implemented, patients could get immediate results that would aid in early diagnosis and treatmenT
- Automated sampling and rapid analysis of a wide range of VOCs with instantly calculated results provides immediate feedback that is easy to understand, so patients and doctors can quickly effective treatment options
- Multiple VOCs can be detected and analyzed in a matter of minutes with a single test that requires no professional GC background to perform
- Custom methods are available to ensure comprehensive analysis is possible with a single, simple test
PRODUCTS TO HELP
Want to obtain more information? Simply get in touch.
The comprehensive solution to fast VOCs detection and continuous VOCs monitoring in pharmaceutical production and processing, as well as the air quality.
Expedited process to target specific compounds of interest, user-friendly interface, automated sampling and analysis, and versatility in laboratory applications, especially where rapid results are desired.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
Convenient field tests and online monitoring solutions to indoor air quality evaluation with NovaTest GC systems. Quick sampling and analyzing without the need for additional sampling equipment or sample preparation.